The life expectancy of a heat pump is around fifteen years. The closer the unit gets to the end of its lifespan, the more breakdowns will occur. It is essential homeowners are able to recognize the signs of problems with their heat pump so they will know when they need to begin shopping for new Heat Pumps Fort Wayne IN.
Signs of Heat Pump Problems
There are multiple signs that can begin occurring when there is a problem with a heat pump. Knowing the warning signs will help a homeowner to be prepared for purchasing Heat Pumps Fort Wayne IN before their old unit completely stops working. The following are the most common signs of problems.
• Any time the unit begins blowing out air temperatures that are inconsistent with the current settings, it is time for the unit to be checked for problems. Hot air should not be blowing out in the summer and vice versa.
• When a heat pump begins making strange noises or emitting weird smells, these are clues that should not be ignored. These signs could mean the heat pump needs to be replaced right away.
• If diminished air flow becomes a problem, a homeowner needs to have their heat pump checked for problems to determine if repairs can be carried out or if the unit needs to be replaced.
• A leaking unit is failing and likely needs to be serviced. If the leaks are becoming chronic and the unit is reaching the end of its lifespan, it is time to seek a replacement.
• Heat pumps that are short cycling need to be replaced. This issue means the components of the unit are failing and this can lead to increased energy costs for the homeowner. Selecting a new energy efficient model can benefit the costs of heating and cooling the home.
Discover More Information
Homeowners who have noticed changes in the way their heat pump operates need to seek an inspection by a professional. Contact Brockman Heating & Air Conditioning right away and they will be happy to schedule your service call so your heat pump can be properly diagnosed for problems.